Goshulyak Vitaly Vladimirovich, Doctor of juridical sciences, doctor of historical sciences, professor, dean of the faculty of law, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya Street, Penza, Russia); senior staff scientist, the Institute of State and Law of RAS (10 Znamenka Street, Moscow, Russia), email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Issues related to the foundations of the constitutional system are actively examined in modern science of constitutional law. It is a relatively new research problem for jurisprudence. Thereupon clarification of the conceptual apparatus is significant. Therefore the goal of the study is to consider the foundations of the constitutional system as an institution of constitutional law and as a constitutional institution.
Materials and methods. The research goals were implemented through analyzing numerous scientific literature, identification of a variety of views concerning the foundations of the constitutional system. The methodological potential included the following research methods: comparative-legal, logical, institutional, technical and
Results. The article considers the constitutional system as an institution of constitutional law and as a constitutional institution. The notion, the essence and the correlation of the foundations of the constitutional system with a law-governed state and civil society are revealed in debate with other authors.
Conclusions. On the basis of the conducted analysis it was concluded that there is no unity of opinions in jurisprudence concerning the notion and the essence of the foundations of the constitutional system. However it is not a disadvantage, because all opinions given in the article allow to reveal the substantial side of the considered
notion. Under the constitutional system the author means a method of government authority organization, in which the rights and freedoms of the person and the citizen are observed, and the state acts according to the law.
1. Postnikov A. E. Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava [The Journal of Russian law]. 2011, no. 10.
2. Mikhaleva N. A. Konstitutsii i ustavy sub"ektov Rossiyskoy Federatsii (sravnitel'no-pravovoe issledovanie) [Constitutions and Charters of subjects of the Russian Federa-tion (comparative-legal research)]. Moscow, 2010.
3. Kozlova E. I., Kutafin O. E. Konstitutsionnoe pravo Rossii [Constitutional law of Rus-sia]. Moscow, 2007.
4. Baglay M. V., Gabrichidze B. N. Konstitutsionnoe pravo Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Consti-tutional law of the Russian Federation]. Moscow, 1996.
5. Bogdanova N. A. Sistema nauki konstitutsionnogo prava [Science system of the consti-tutional law]. Moscow, 2001.
6. Konstitutsionnoe pravo Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Constitutional law of the Russian Fede¬ration]. Ed. by N. V. Vitruk. Moscow, 2010.
7. Grankin M. I. Konstitutsionnoe i munitsipal'noe pravo [Constitutional and municipal law]. 2011, no. 8.
8. Bondar' N. S. Osnovy konstitutsionnogo stroya Rossiyskoy Federatsii: Ponyatie, so-derzhanie, znachenie [The foundations of the constitutional system of the Russian Fede¬ration: notion, content, definition]. Barnaul, 2003.
9. Khlopushin S. N. Yuridicheskiy mir [The World of Law]. 2012, no. 6.
10. Konstitutsionnoe pravo Rossii. Lektsii [Constitutional law in Russia. Lectures]. Ed. by V. T. Kabyshev. Saratov, 1995.
11. Dmitriev Yu. A., Avdeenkova M. P. Konstitutsionnoe pravo Rossiyskoy Federatsii: kurs lektsiy [Constitutional law of the Russian Federation: lecture course]. Moscow, 2004.
12. Mamonov V. V. Gosudarstvo i pravo [State and law]. 2004, no. 10.
13. Marchenko A. N. Konstitutsionnoe i munitsipal'noe pravo [Constitutional and munici-pal law]. 2012, no. 2.
14. Bobrova N. A. Konstitutsionnyy stroy i konstitutsionalizm v Rossii [Constitutional sys-tem and constitutionalism in Russia ]. Moscow, 2003.
15. Konstitutsionnoe gosudarstvo [Constitutional state]. Saint-Petersburg, 1905.
16. Denisov S. A. Trudy Instituta gosudarstva i prava RAN [Works of the State and Law Institute of RAS]. 2006, no. 3.
17. Kerimov A. D. Sovremennoe gosudarstvo: voprosy teorii [Modern State: questions of theory]. Moscow, 2007.
18. Luchin V. O. Konstitutsiya Rossiyskoy Federatsii: problemy realizatsii [The Constitu-tion of the Russian Federation: problems of realizaton]. Moscow, 2002.
19. Avak'yan S. A. Konstitutsiya Rossii: priroda, evolyutsiya, sovremennost' [The Constitu-tion of Russia: nature, evolution, contemporary condition]. Moscow, 2000.